Thursday, August 16, 2012

Almost There...

Wow! Time absolutely flies! July and August have been filled with logistics, packing, curriculum planning, and spending time with friends and family before I leave. God has been so faithful to bring in the support I need, and things are coming together nicely. I'm down to a week and a half before my departure. My flight leaves on August 27th in the morning and I will arrive in Guadalajara that same evening. I've been blessed to be able to share a flight down with Amy Acosta, the "mom" at the shelter, who is currently in the States. I am looking forward to getting to know her before the initial chaos sets in :). From there, we will be picked up by someone from the shelter who will drive us the additional 1.5 hours into Camichines. I'm not sure when the official start date of the school will be, but I'm hoping for a couple days to recuperate and plan when I arrive. I would appreciate prayers for a seamless transition from one country to the other (in terms of insurance, banking, travel, and other such logistics) as well as for a great start with the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment