Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving on the Beach...what?

A description of this week? The sounds of waves on the seashore, the beautiful breeze, sun, unlimited food and snack bars, sand squishing through toes, sunscreen, paradise....oh yeah, and 17 kids that can't swim! : ) I'm not sure "restful" would be completely accurate, but "beautiful" and "fun" certainly are! As an early Christmas present, the Acosta family treated their kids to three days at a beach resort on the Pacific Ocean and we got to tag along. I truly enjoyed our time. It was a blessing to be able to see the stunning beauty of the Pacific Ocean surrounded by mountains. I can truly say that this is the first (and probably the last) time I've ever spent Thanksgiving at the beach! I've attached pictures below.

Favorite quotes from the beach:
"My bathing suit isn't wet! It just has a lot of water in it!"-4 year old
"There's too much water in here!"-an 11 year old talking about the ocean
"I'm not even going to bug you tonight! "-4 year old talking about bedtime

On top of all that, Friday was spent preparing an elaborate Thanksgiving feast. The kids had been practicing Psalm 136 and recited it before the meal was served. I felt absolutely spoiled! Even though Thanksgiving is not a typical Mexican holiday, we have enough representatives from the U.S. to make it a tradition for the shelter!

We are eager to begin our last month of school before Christmas break. We still have no news on accreditation, but would appreciate continued prayer in that area.

One other fun piece of news is that my friend Diana is coming to visit for a week, arriving this Thursday! I would love prayers for her safe arrival! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenny and I with some of the clan on our way to the super cool pirate swimming pool pictured below!


Our lodgings

Zipline!!!!!! This was at the resort as well, along with a mini-zipline for the kids. Super fun!

Teachers and interns! 

Stunning sunsets at the beach

The resort put on little shows every night. This was the kids' show that offered pictures with different Disney characters. :) 

The whole group at the beach-29 people in all!

 
Our massive Thanksgiving table                                         Desserts anyone? 

Just playing around in the yard! I loved this picture! 



No comments:

Post a Comment