Thursday, August 1, 2013

Preparing to Return


It’s hard to believe my time in the U.S. is winding down! My summer has been a wonderful combination of reuniting with friends and family, resting, working, and preparing for the upcoming school year. My heart is definitely in two places! While I’ve been so blessed to reconnect with everyone here, I’m also getting very excited to return and see my “Mexican family.”

Jenny and I will be flying back August 19th and will plan to start school the following week. The Acosta family (the family that runs the shelter) will actually be in the U.S. for the months of August and September so we would appreciate prayer that the general day-to-day happenings in the shelter would run smoothly in their absence.

At this point, Jenny and I do not have an additional intern signed up to help us for the first semester. However, we are still praying that the Lord would provide someone for us. I am also still in the process of raising finances for the upcoming year.

Prayer requests:
  • Safe flights back on August 19th
  • Raising the remaining finances needed for the school year
  • That God would provide an intern to help in the classroom for the fall semester
  • Smooth start to the school year in the Acosta family's absence
 Thank you so much for your continuing prayers and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment