Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Precious, Precious Faith of a Child

I was washing dishes last night, when one of our 6-year-old children came up to me bouncing up and down with excitement. "Maestra Amber, Maestra Jenny is going to pull my other tooth out! And then I'm going to get money under my pillow tonight!" I smiled and joined in her excitement, but was not prepared for the sentence that came next: "I'm going to put it in the offering tomorrow so that I will get my riches in heaven!" Same excited smile, same joyful bouncing...simple, pure faith. How is it that she can see so clearly what the rest of us miss? The direct correlation between giving and receiving...the postponing of temporary pleasure for eternal gain...the joy that comes with giving back to the One who gave so much...the integration of heaven into our daily lives. She gets it...true joy...she has it! Oh, that we might learn from the faith of a child!

2 comments:

  1. Love this story, Ambs! Love that you get to see joyful rewards like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is really encouraging and a little convicting! Thanks for sharing Amber. Stories like these are great reminders.

    ReplyDelete