Sunday, September 30, 2012

Corn Harvest Celebration- "La Elotiza"

To celebrate the corn harvest, we invited a large group of people over to the house and grilled corn all day long! The kids look forward to this every year, as they get to eat as much corn as they want and play with kids from church for hours. In true Mexican style, there really wasn't an end time, so people stayed all day, enjoying fellowship and food. It was helpful for me to be able to meet a few more people as well. I've posted pictures below.

This week, I presented the gospel to the older kids in a very explicit way. I pray that God is sowing seeds of understanding in their hearts and giving them the desire to know him.

The keyboard stopped functioning last week, which placed a halt on my piano lessons. But thankfully, we found the fix today so we only lost one week. One student in particular came into the initial piano lessons dragging his feet because he didn't have a lot of confidence in his ability. It's fun to see how his confidence has been built in just a short time. HE was the one asking me when the keyboard could be fixed and when we could continue lessons :). I love it!

We were all very excited to welcome the new intern Meredith on Thursday, who will be here with us until December. She will be helping Jenny and I with the younger kids in the mornings and then will help provide childcare for the babies in the afternoons. She will be a wonderful help to fill in what is needed. God always knows what we need, and I'm learning that firsthand!


'
Shucking corn in preparation!





The large homemade grill!

The crowd enjoying the corn and fellowship!

I've just posted some fun bonus pictures below: 

This is the roof, where I bring all my 2nd-5th grade readers every day to read. Talk about beauty! Can you imagine having your silent reading time look like this everyday? :)


One of our littlest! Such a joy :)

A storm brewing over the mountains at sunset....Power and beauty combined!

No comments:

Post a Comment