Thursday, September 13, 2012

Our First Field Trip!

Today we went into Guadalajara for our first field trip! The kids were so excited! I've attached a video of their cheering in the house before we set out :). We traveled to the Marinela factory, a factory that would be similar to Hostess in terms of the products they make. Watching sugary treats being processed=happy kids! They were fascinated and gifted with at least 5 huge packets of cookies/cakes/etc. by the time we left. Here were my two favorite quotes of the day:

"This is the best day ever!"
One little one leaned their head on Jenny's shoulder and said, "I'm so happy!"

The day ended with a trip to a playground and then to Costco for pizza! I've posted some pictures below.

A couple of other things started up for us this week as well. Jenny is leading a small group for the older girls on site (of which I'm a part as well). We had our first group tonight and it went really well! We are studying Philippians, and for two of the girls, this is the first time they've ever been taught how to dive into the Bible. I'm so excited to be able to teach both truth and skills to them!

The second exciting undertaking is piano lessons! I've been given the opportunity to teach piano to as many children as possible. I'm starting with the 6 oldest and will see from there if I can add any onto my schedule.


Our beautiful caps and mouth guards for entering the factory! Note: The blue cookies we are holding are the best cookies in the world! :) 




2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, love your hearts, love His work through all of you and love you and Jenny!!!!!! Praying for you much, amigas! Saludos de Guatemala!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omw! Cutest kids ever!!! Love you so much and miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete